Sunday, April 11, 2010

PHOTOGRAPH DAY

11th April 2010

On a blustery, chilly Autumn day I was so excited because Luke from one fine day photography was coming to take some family photographs of us, thanks to Carol from ABC. Luke arrived and he had a cup of coffee and a chat with all the family and he was really nice. Then it was time to have some photographs taken, we have some nature parkland nearby so that was the perfect location for the photographs to be taken. The first photographs Luke took were of all of us with me sitting on a chair, then we had some taken of us sitting on the ground because I don't have a lot of fat on my bottom and I was sitting on a rock, it hurt a little bit! We then did individual shots, I was able to stand leaning on a tree for mine, it was a bit weird to stand on my own with only a tree for support I felt really off balance but I was determined that I was going to do it and it was fun. We then came back home and had some more photographs taken, I even got some done with Tinkerbelle and Theodore which I was very happy about because they are both really special to me. Luke was really lucky because he was the first person other than Mum, Dad, Nalani, Jarrett and I to see the digital copy of my book in our house. Having our photographs taken was so wonderful and they will remind us of how special being a family and treasuring every day is.

In the afternoon the weather had become worse so we watched a DVD, I worked on my canvases and we watched the Panthers versing Roosters game on television. In the footy tips this week I am doing really well, I have only got the Storm game wrong so far so that only leaves the Eels versing the Raiders to go I tipped the Raiders to win so hopefully they do. The Wests Tigers won again this weekend, they are on fire, especially Benji Marshall who seemed to inspire the team again this week.

With the weather turning cooler my right knee has a throbbing pain continually and it is also very swollen. My poor little head with its lack of hair gets really cold and my scar gets shooting pain in it also, so around the house I wear a beanie to try to keep my head warm.

It is school holidays now so I can spend lots of time with Nalani and Jarrett and preparing for my book launch. It is now only ten days away and I know that it will be incredible, I can hardly wait.

A gigantic thank you to all the people who have been leaving me such encouraging comments, I truly appreciate them. I hope that every day the sun shines upon you all and brightens your life in so many ways.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere

I'm Alicia Croxford. I have seen you at school-Burgmannan i am also in your maths with Mr lamson. You are an amazing girl. You never give up and you alwayas look at the positve side of things. You always have a smile on your face and when i look at you it makes my day brighter. You are the most beautiful girl with your joyful laugh and your warm heart. I hope everything goes well with everythinbg it sound's like you are very busy!

LOts of love Alicia

Luke said...

You should have told me about the rock! Hope it wasn't too uncomfortable ;) Was so nice to meet you, your mum and dad, Nalani and Jarrett ... thanks for letting me into your life for a couple of hours, Dainere!

L

Carol Duncan said...

Hi Dainere!

You mentioned me on your blog!!! I'm SO EXCITED! Thank you!!

The photographs are beautiful, and so are you. I have both laughed and cried reading your blog ... you are a very gifted writer, so keep it up and I'll keep reading it. I do many interviews with people every day, and I firmly believe that when people tell their personal stories, like you are doing, that is when we help other people the most. I think it is one of the most valuable things you can do.

Luke, the photographer, was very nervous about coming to see you. He wanted to do the photo shoot for your family very much, but he was worried that he might not know what to say to you. I said, "You know what?! I think Dainere is happy to tell you anything, but at the end of the day, she's a beautiful 12 year old girl getting her photo taken." He sent me a note last night to tell me how much he *loved* meeting all of you.

I hope you liked the photo of Paul, Gavin and I that Tess took on Friday night. They're rather handsome those two blokes! And how special is Tess? Wow! She's an amazing woman and I loved meeting her, too.

I also got to see the ABC Stateline program with you today ... how cute is Benji Marshall? You looked like you had a great day.

I hope your book launch goes really well, I'm sure it will! You might want to autograph some in advance because I suspect everyone will ask you to sign their copies on the day and your poor little hand will get sore. I'm sorry I can't get there but I have to be on the radio.

So make sure you put a photo of the day on your blog so I can see how wonderful it is!

Love & best wishes to you,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carol Duncan
ABC Radio
Newcastle

Anonymous said...

Dear Dainere
I just watched Stateline and you were fantastic! What a beautiful show it was. No wonder you guys were all crying - I was too!
Loved it so much.
Lots of love and hugs
Tess xxxxxoooooxxxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Dear Dainere
We finally were able to watch Stateline this afternoon and we found it beautiful and very moving. Pop and I shed tears as we watched but we also felt so very proud of you all.

Full marks should go too to the ABC who presented the story in such a beautiful manner. The radio interview was also very well handled and wow! how about that big hug from Benji Marshall.

We are looking forward to receiving our copies of your book even though we know your story from the beginning.

Keep aiming for those goals of yours, we know you have the courage and strength of character to achieve them.

Love you very much.
Nan and Pop xxx ooo

Anonymous said...

Dainere you amaze me!
you are just so inspiring and brave
everyone looks up to you.
You are just such an amazing girl..

Loved your book!