Thursday, July 15, 2010

ALMOST SNOWING

14th and 15th July 2010

Winter seems so unfriendly, glacial and desolate but after Winter we have the promise of Spring with blossoms and new beginnings. My heart feels heavy with the dullness of the weather and yesterday it was abhorrent with icy, gusty winds that chilled you to the core, rain and sleet falling from the grim, grey skies and angry clouds that were whisked rapidly across the sky.

I had been awake most of the night with pain and nightmares, I was so depleted of energy I could hardly raise my arms to do my upper body exercises, yet with determination I found an inner spirit to get on with my day. The taping had helped the pain in my right foot a little but the tape had begun to irritate my skin, I left it on for as long as I could endure it but reluctantly I had to remove it and was left with a lovely red, raised rash. I have been trying to walk a little each day it is so difficult, painful and I have been toppling over again but even though I have tears coming from my eyes, I am trying to soldier on.

Nalani had her MRI, she will not have any results for another two days, then hopefully it can all be sorted out for her and she will be able to move forward and ahead in her life.

We played Upwords and cooked some delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins, I must say though Jarrett needs to practise on his egg cracking technique! We then had a visit from Father Mark who said Mass, blessed me with healing oils and we had communion. He then had a cup of tea and a chat with us. He thinks that I must be a lucky charm for the Wests Tigers as they have played in some really close games lately and come out victorious. After he left I found I was feeling extremely tired so I rested, this seems to be a pattern, if we have visitors or do a large variety of things I become so tired and if I don't rest I begin to feel really ill.

In the afternoon I found my throat felt like I had swallowed razor blades, it was sore and then I got a headache that made my eyes water and my head feel like it was a balloon being filled with air and blown up. Mum gave me some medicine which relieved it for a while but I went to bed last night with stomach pains, a headache and my throat still very sore. I again woke several times, I could not turn myself, I had pain and again I had nightmares. I could hear the forceful winds and the rain pelting down outside and thought that today would be another abominable day.

However as the sun rose in the sky, a beautiful day was revealed although looks can be deceiving because although it looked marvellous, the air was harsh. Sun shinning though makes me shine from within and even though I am still unwell today and in more pain than yesterday I actually have a new area of pain and that is in between my shoulder blades and up into my neck, it is extremely uncomfortable, but the sun does make me feel so much more joyful.

We again played Upwords, then memory game, throwing a soft ball into different size containers, which I did with my left hand as my right hand is just not able to hold anything today and surprisingly I did really well, next was a game of black jack and then Disney Think Fast. If you fill a day with fun activities it takes your mind off all your troubles.

It is nearly the end of the school holidays, the time has gone so quickly, I am a little nervous about going back to school but probably lots of other people are too. Because it is a new Semester I will be doing French and Textiles for my electives I think they will both be challenging for me, but these will be just little bumps to get over.

Again I would like to thank all the people who have been leaving such extraordinary comments on my Blog, I truly appreciate them and thank you from my heart.

3 comments:

Ali Davies said...

Dainere,
You have a wonderful descriptive way of describing the weather. Wish I was as eloquent about it. Suffice to say, here in Ireland, it is wet and grey despite it being summer (told you I was nowhere near as eloquent as you when describing the weather!!!).

However, there is always something that can be done no matter what the weather. Today we are decorating a new playroom we have done for my 6 year old son. He is going to be helping so am thinking it is going to get quite messy!!!

Enjoy the remainder of the school hols. Textiles sounds really interesting. Enjoy!

Here is another little quote I thought you might like to add to your collection. It is about friendship. It was written on the very first valentine card my husband gave me years ago when we were dating:

"Don't walk in front of me,I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me,I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend" - Albert Camus

Take good care x

Wendy said...

Hi Dainere,

I heard you on the radio a little while ago and thought I must go and read your blog. I am not as eloquent with words as you, but would just like to say that your Journey has become a very special part of my day.

Sending you some sunshine from the Northern NSW beaches -

Dianne said...

Dear Dainere,

As I drove to work on Friday I saw snow covered Brindabellas around the back of Mt Stromlo. The results of the very cold conditions lately. We are halfway through winter now - looking forward to warmer days.

I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell in addition to your joint and muscle pain. There has been a variety of illnesses around.

I hope you have a good start back at school on Monday, you will enjoy textiles, French will be fun also.

"Life is a gift we are given each day. Dream about tomorrow but live for today"

Take care and I hope you all have a good week back at school.

Lv Dianne xxxx