Saturday, December 24, 2011

ALMOST CHRISTMAS

17th to 23rd December 2011

"Wouldn't it be splendiferous if Christmas was forever, not just for one day.  People would be loving, sharing and giving all year through.  Remember the good you do for others makes you feel good in yourself." 

It is almost Christmas day, such a magical time of year, it always puts a huge smile on my face.  The lead up to Christmas has been filled with events and  special visitors. 

At interclub on Friday, I competed in discus and shot put, I threw 5.41 metres in discus and 2.27 metres in shot put.  Even though these weren't PB's I was ecstatic with them, as it was the first time I have thrown since my last seizure.  Nalani also threw and got a PB in shot put, poor Jarrett still can't race yet.

Monday was Nalani's Year12 Graduation, it was exceptional, she also received two awards, an academic excellence in Maths and an application in PE.  I was so proud of her!

On Tuesday I had my physiotherapy appointment, Kaitlyn worked on my lower back which had been stiff and sore.  Next time she is going to do a pelvic release as my right side of my body is pulled up higher than my left side.  My Year 7 teacher also came and visited me, it was so lovely to see her again.

I have been busily making Christmas cookies and other food ready for a delicious feast.  Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a joyous and healthy New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dainere,
Wishing you and all your family a wonderful Christmas filled with love and laughter. May 2012 bring you good health,happy memories and many beautiful rainbows.
With love and admiration,
Catherine and Ollie the cat xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere

Belated Merry Christmas to you & your family. Hoping the day was filled with laughter and love just as mine was. We are so Blessed to have family & friends to care for and who infact care for us too. Tell us about your gifts, those given and received. My sons gave me two beautiful candles (I'm addicted to candles)that my husband bought for them to give me. I was really thrilled with the thought.

The day was spent with family and food, we all had a great time. Even our dog received two new toys which he loves and a new bed for indoors.

So gald to read Stuart & Meryl's message. Where have they travelled to? I wondered what happened to them. It sounds as though they were out doing good in our world, good on them!

You look so pretty at Jarrett's formal, it was lovely that you had the opportunity to attend. Well done to Nalani on her results and to you on your award! You truly deserve it and you must be very proud.

I hope you enjoy the holidays, that the weather improves and you have a chance to rest.

Love always, Fran xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Dear Dainere, we hope you had a most perfect Christmas , yes it would be nice if people could do all those things , just like John Lennon , and his song Imagine .

hope you had lots of lovely things in your stocking for Christmas.

Well done at Interclub , before you left for Queensland.

Nalani's graduation would have been fantastic .

we look forward to hearing all about your christmas .

Lots of love

stuart and meryl xxxxxxxxxx